Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The two things that saved my weekend...

I was on my way to the campgrounds Friday. My sister makes sure we always have a wonderful time. My family is close, and we all work to make sure each other is enjoying themselves. That makes for a good time. I knew once I got there, my worries would be over. The stress and hard work would pay off and I'd be sitting next to the pool or fire having a great time watching the younger kids trying to pull melted marshmallows off their fingers while making smores. Or fighting off the older kids who try like crazy to dunk me in the pool. Yep, I was looking forward to getting there for many reasons, but mostly to end the "bad luck day" I was having. My nephew talked about it all the way there, so I remember each reason like the van sounding funny and having to back track to get the car, and figuring out how I was going to get all that stuff in the trunk of a Malibu! The red lights..Every single one! The construction, all of it! The hassle Wal-Mart gave me. I was already late, and hated that I might miss the dancing I promised my neice I'd be there for. Eventually we were on our way and I thought it would take the entire 3 hours to calm down. I figured since I was in a crappy mood anyway, I'd call the cell phone company to ask the questions I had. What did I have to lose? My good mood??!!??!! I was surprised to find someone that actually wanted to help. He was funny and knew exactly what I was talking about. I almost hung up and figured, what the hell, I'd go ahead and ask about the ringtones. I bought one, but I can't use it because I can't hear it well. They are actual parts of songs, not the polyphonic ringtones, those ones are PLENTY loud enough. My question was "Is that how all ringtones sound on this phone, or just that one." He looked at my account, recited some of the ringtones I had and complimented me on my choices. I explained that the ringtones he saw were from a former phone. I told him that not being able to transfer ringtones from one phone to another was not a good marketing strategy to keep people buying new phones. He explained that they should have gone back 90 days and transferred any ringtones bought in that time. HUH???? Why didn't they??? He told me he'd make it right. He did! He gave me 10 free (previously paid for actually) ringtones! Chris (that was his name) "you are awesome! thanks man!" He said he was well aware of that and continued to explain that he was also single. I hung up happy, calmer and a little blushed. (After all, he has access to everything from email to phone numbers on me!!!)


A short time later, I came across a couple of guys on bikes. Between the conversation with Virgin Mobile's Chris, and the sighting of these two Gods, my mood was right back in check. I never thought about the "bad luck" again that day! Thanks for driving east that day guys!!


Sorry the pictures aren't the best, camera phones leave a little to be desired...as did these guys....ha ha!



The one in front had a sun tattoo on his right shoulder, just like me!! Just thought that might be interesting to some.....if not...sorry.....


1 Comments:

Blogger mrstrace said...

I'm glad you spoke with such a helpful rep! That always puts me in a good mood, especially since I expect those kinds of phone calls to be a hassle. It does make me remember to be as curteous and helpful as possible when I'm on the other end, though!

Hope you had fun with your family :)

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home