Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Lazy Boys

On my way home yesterday, I saw an orange rocker recliner on the side of the road. This is not an unusual sight, I know, furniture is discarded all the time. This WAS strange to me though because of where it was. It sat right in the middle of a bypass bridge, facing the highway. While I was optimistic (heading home from work) I envisioned a person sitting on that chair happy to be seeing people, happy to be outside and happy to have a comfortable chair to sit in and enjoy his life. However, it was still sitting there on my way TO work this morning. Only this morning, I felt differently (pessimistic?) I saw an abandoned chair, staring out over the railing of that bridge longing to belong to someone once again. Wishing someone would stop and take it to whatever destination they are headed for. I felt bad for the chair, I sympathized with the chair. But I did not pick up the chair. Who knows why it was left there?

(I will take a picture of the chair if it's still there tonight and add it to my post tomorrow. I'll explain the meaning of life to you.....it's fishing!)

******UPDATE********

This is where the recliner spent the last couple of days. When I drove by and saw it gone, it was a bittersweet moment for me. I was happy to see it claimed, travelling and with company. But where are they taking orange recliner? Will "Rocky" be happy there? I hope so.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

thats where I used to get my furniture in college

8:48 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Yay, the chair has a home with madman (although it looked more like something DG would buy..but anyhow, I'm glad!!

Van, you changed pics, umm, wow, ok...so...yeah..ahem...whew...ok

10:42 PM  
Blogger Profe Jorge said...

Saludos muy buen blog. Siga escribiendo, ya que cada vez se pone m�s intersante leer y comentar.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Gracias. No sé español, y me disculpo por el comentario de mi hija sobre su sitio. Ella ha tomado a españoles por dos años y todavía no es muy buena en él.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home