Friday, August 19, 2005

All about the music

Once upon a time, when Valerie and I were known as "V-Girl and the blonde bombshell" (only at the Lamp Post Lounge!) I used to wow the people with my ability to read keychains. Yep, they'd line up to have me tell them a little about themselves just by looking at the keychains they carried. Most of the time it was easy, we are at a bar, they carry a bottle opener, duh. (If you don't know what a bottle opener is, ask your grandparents.) Sports was easy too, as were the chains for Zodiac signs, pictures of kids and motel room keys. Some were a little tougher, but I could almost always convince the person that what I was telling them was either how they were, how they wanted to be, or how they really should be. Alcohol was my tool, I shamelessly used it and accepted it as payment for my abilities. So that brings me to the reason of my blog.

While I was searching through the thousands of ringtones my cell phone company offers, trying to decide which 10 I was going to claim as my prize for allowing the CSR guy to flirt with me. I decided I could learn a lot from knowing the list of ringtones someone has on their phone. So list yours here, so I can learn a little about you.

Mine are as follows:
1. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
2. Hands Down by Dashboard Confessionals
3. A man coughing
4. Napoleon dynamite saying "Are you having a killer time? YESSSSSSS!"
5. Over and Over by Nelly and Tim McGraw (this says little about me, really)
6. The Monday Night Football Theme
7. Bring Me To Life by Evanescense
8. Clocks by Coldplay

The rest are the puppy dog barking, island music, old telephone ringing sounds that came with the phone. The ringtones I get are the song type, not polyphonic. That way, if I am somewhere and can't listen to music, I can get a quick fix from my cell phone. Sad?..Yes. Sad enough to make me stop?....nah.

AWWW I miss Valerie.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

hmmmm my ringers are as follows

"Fuck the Po-lice" NWA
"Walking after midnight" Patsy Cline
"Retard" Digital Orgasm
"Seat of my pants" Duran Duran
"Busted" Grapevine
"Ringer tone number 4, 5 14 and 26"
hee hee

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home