Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Happy Birthday to moi...

YAY, today is my birthday. I love birthdays, not just mine either. I think the idea of celebrating getting through another year of what people, and events throw your way is marvelous. I don't like the fact that I'm getting older..no I'm not one of those botox shooting, mini-skirt wearing, hair teasing middle aged ladies....yet. I'm not saying I won't be either. I think that making oneself happy in whatever way possible is a good thing. If it's changing your looks, so be it! If it's wearing clothes that you like, wear em!! I AM lieing here you know. I don't think it's ok to wear just anything. Not for people who are "older" not for people who are "bigger" not for people with certain color hair. I believe that just because they make it in your size DOES NOT mean it's ok to wear it. Go on and be comfortable, go on and feel good about yourself, but for the love of fitzgerald people, use some common sense!!!

Ok, enough of other people, it's MY birthday. I didn't get breakfast in bed, that's ok, the syrup usually makes the covers all sticky anyway. My daughter spent months on a scrapbook for me, and I haven't even seen it yet. I tried to wake her up at 12:05 this morning and ask for it, but she wasn't going to cooperate at all! As I walked out of the room, she said "don't go to bed in a huff mom." When I told her that this morning, she laughed. She doesn't remember it at all. I work late tonight, then she's at an activity. I fear it might be my next birthday before I get to see this creation!! She is an excellent scrap-booker too! She can see how she wants it and put it together just like that. She can use items for many different ways than what they were intended for too. So I'm expecting twist ties and the ends of bread that no one ever wants to take, to have been molded into fabulous frames and maybe the a likeness of me when I was making my First Holy Communion.

My coworkers gave me a card and an ICE CREAM CAKE!! I looooooove ice cream cakes. Amy is making dinner for me on Friday. I looooooooooove dinner. (hee hee) My sister is keeping my kids today, and if I can get the night out of her I AM! Melanie sent me a card and we are going to go out. I NEED IT!! (plus we are going to see Rob Thomas in November..woohoo!!)

My mom sent me an e-card first thing this morning, and I cried. My brother actually sent the very first acknowledgement of the 10th anniversary of my 27th birthday the other day and explained that I was a wonderful aunt, and how pointed out how he refrained from actually saying "great" aunt because it indicates an elderly relative. Thanks George! (incidentally, George and I were the same age for the past 2 weeks, so age cracks from him don't happen often, if ever.)

Dean was the very first person to tell me happy birthday this morning, he happened to be online at midnight and shot a sweet IM my way. Thanks again!

My 5 year old told me hb this morning and followed with "I still don't know what to get you..." he's gonna make a typical husband some day. Bless his pea picking soul. (oh no...that's a mom phrase)

Thanks everyone! Today is a great day!!

Theresa

3 Comments:

Blogger The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

happy b-day! May I offer you some oral sex as a gift ;-)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Almigo said...

Happy birthday! May I offer Van as a birthday present ;)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

ummm, I'd like to try him on for size first, if that's ok. ;-)

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home