Friday, July 22, 2005

Yesterday's story

A couple weeks ago, we were fortunate enough to spend the day at "God's Little Heaven" campground with my sister. My neice had a couple friends over and one little girly (8 years old) befriended my son (5 years old). They did have a great time swimming and playing with a dog and such. The problem is, I can't get him to stop talking about her. Every morning he wakes up and tells me about the dream he had. EVERY morning he tells me the role Amber played in it. I finally asked him if she was his girlfriend. His reply, "Oh no Mom, geez! She's not my girlfriend...she just wants me." HUH? I shot a look at my 15 year old daughter who already had her hand pressed against her face preventing uncontrollable laughter from escaping her mouth. This is how the conversation ended:

Me: Umm..what do you mean by "she wants you?"
He: You know mom, she wants me.
Me: what does that mean honey?
(sweating)
He: You know what it means mom, you are big.
Me: I don't know what you think it means.
(sweating profusely)
He: It means she likes me.
Me: Oh, ok, now how do you know that phrase honey?
(panting with relief)
He: I just know it.
Me: No, you just know you like red popsicles better than purple, how do you know that phrase?
He: From Daddy
(Delighted with a "you are so busted" opportunity).
Me: OH REALLY? Who does Daddy say this to?
He: His friends.
Me: Is that so?
He: Yeah, you know, she wants me to do this...she wants me to do that...

I hugged him.

2 Comments:

Blogger RocksAndChairs said...

HAHAHA that conversation sooooo could have gone in a different direction!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

That was hilarious. I need some kids so that I can blog about them!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home