Sunday, July 17, 2005

**WARNING...DO NOT WATCH ALONE


I have a wonderful daughter. So far, except for cutting my mother's brand new couch with her safety scissors when she was about 3, she has given me no problems whatsoever. I know she would "MOTHER!" me if she knew I was enlightening the world (or a half dozen people who read my blog) with these facts. She's a good kid. She is active in gymnastics (11 years) she took 3rd place on vault in the YMCA women's national competition last July in Philly, and cheerleading (5 years) she just made the junior varsity squad at Wooster High. She thinks of other people first, is a softy, loves her 2 little brothers and animals and is old enough to finally get her temporary driving permit packet. ::SCREEEEECH:: Yes, she is 15 and a half last Friday! But even that is not the fact that prompted me to devote this entry to her. She has a wonderful sense of humor and an amazing smile. Her laugh is beautiful and genuine. All of these qualities were a distant memory shortly after she exclaimed, "MOM!!! you have to see this...Salad Fingers Episode 2 "Friends".

I began questioning her mental status and thought processes, I immediately called a meeting with family members, friends, our priest and therapists. Five words brought me back to my senses...Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. I watched it, I liked it, I recommended it. It's not the shocked, leave a weird feeling in your stomach sort of flick like the afformentioned little cartoon, but it is enough to assure me that she can like this sort of thing and still turn out ok. Truth is...it's not that bad, it's strange and shocking...true. But-a secret very few people know-so am I.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

yes.... you can call me VAN!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

thanks guys!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home