Monday, November 14, 2005

I'll have to find a new place to eat....

There is a little diner near our house that has become a favorite place to go out and eat. Unfortunately, I keep getting myself into embarrassing situations, and I have to wait until they are forgotten before returning. (That is forgotten by me, not them, they could care less, and I know I care too much).

The first situation I got myself into was when the waitress hugged me goodbye. Simply explained, she gave us a sob story, I listened, then left her a LARGE tip. (pure pity...not because of service) Before she even saw the tip, she hugged me for being so "understanding and decent." I saw her through the window when she found the tip and started running for the front door. I threw the kids in the van on top of each other and sped away.

Most recently, it was just my two boys and myself there. I gave them each a pen to write on the back of their paper place mats while waiting for our meals. I noticed Brendan had ink all over his hands. The pen was broke. I wrote a note to please throw it away, and took Brendan to the bathroom to (unsuccessfully) wash off the ink. When I got back, the waitress was placing our food on the table. She was smiling...alot. I thought, what the heck? Does she know about the big tip and is trying to milk me??? That "other" waitress has been gone for some time by the way.

The behavior of the waitress still sat funny with me as we were finishing, and more than the usual amount of employees passed our table. It finally dawned on me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Doublebogie said...

That is SO fuckin funny!
I can't believe you didn't notice that! Then again we've all done little embarrasing things we wish we wish we could take back.
HA HA HA
What a hoot! I can imagine what the waitresses talked about that afternoon!

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally got it. I'm so retarded...

4:33 PM  
Blogger matt said...

That photo would make a great CD cover (I was going to say "album cover" but that would show my age). Hilarious!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home