Friday, October 21, 2005

ROCK ON!!!!

**go on and read this, i'll be asking for your opinion!!!

You know if you've read my blog at least periodically, that music is a very big part of my life. It helps me to remember and forget. Rev up and wind down. Wake up and fall asleep. Set me apart, keep me in common. Disagree and agree.

Recently I saw a post on another blog that poses the question, "who is the best rock band ever?" I want to research this further and find out from a "statistical" point of view, just who is/was the best rock band ever. But in the mean time, what is your opinion? MSN did an article on just this subject last March and included in their top ten, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Ramones, Pink Floyd and Bob Marley. RottenTomatoes.com lists The Clash, David Bowie and The Spiders from Mars and Queen. What about The who? Black Sabbath? I don't know, I just want to give as many examples as possible. When looking for "the most successful rock bands" The Beatles comes up evertime. With Elvis Presley in a close second with both selling over a billion albums. www.epinions.com lists the top rock songs ever and Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody tops the chart. (Party on!) sorry...

Oh well, what criteria we require to make our decision is as diverse as the list is going to be, so keep in mind that whatever you feel is the important requirements is your opinion and use that to decide.

Here is what I've gotten so far:

3 for "Led Zepplin
1 for "The Band"
1 for "The Rolling Stones"
1 for "The Eagles"
1 for "The Beatles"
1 for "Chicago"
1 for "The E Street Band"

I know from reading your blogs that you enjoy music as well, and I'm interested in finding out what you think. Tell your friends, have everyone comment with their opinion...but hey...first of all make sure you DON'T read the comments first. Make your choice, then leave it. I want unbiased, unswayed answers here, and for the love of Pete, no bribes ok????

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bruce and the E Street band are my favorite and certainly one of the best of all time. Probably not the best.

The Beatles, the Stones, and Zep are all good choices, as is The Band.

If I'm voting for one, I'll go with The Beatles.

9:10 PM  
Blogger matt said...

I vote for The Who. Why? I can't explain ;)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Chicago...they have one of the top guitar riffs in "25 or 6 to 4." Rock and roll with the horns - incredible.

10:40 AM  
Blogger The Baxter said...

naked trucker! no really...naked trucker.com

5:30 PM  
Blogger LizzieDaisy said...

I loved Chicago, but it didn't stay with me. No matter how often I listen to Queen's GH, I NEVER EVER get tired of it. Never.

so...

QUEEN! QUEEN! QUEEN! QUEEN! QUEEN! :)

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home