Thursday, September 15, 2005

Football....Flashing....Fast Fingers....

I have to comment on (and at some point later on post the pictures from) the football game this past Sunday. I know...It's closer to next Sunday, but I won't be at the game THIS Sunday, and I was at the game LAST Sunday. (Again, thank you Mel, soooo much, for your assistance!!! I'll see ya this weekend at some point to pay up! :-)

Anyhow, our seats were great, the crowd was loud and not many people made fun of my nephew who is one of the bravest kids I know! He wore his Titan's jersey proudly walking the streets surrounding Heinz Field Sunday and took the comments with a smile! Dillon, I'm (not really) sorry your team didn't win, but it seems like you had a good time anyhow. I'm glad I got to take you to your first professional game, and hope there are many more!! (with the same outcome of course!! ;-)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

On my way to work this morning, I flashed a truck driver. Ok, Aunt Kathy and Jared and Eddo, there's no need to skip ahead...Really....

I was driving and singing and noticing the fog covering the sun and realized that I was just not comfortable, and tried to pull at the waist of my pants, just to move it up a little. My hand slipped off my pants, upward and pulled my shirt with it. Before I knew it, I exposed half of myself and apparently at the precise moment a truck passed me. I quickly pulled it down while hearing the horn blowing and laughed about it the rest of the way to work. And then again when I told my friends at work. And then again just now while writing this.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

One of the classes I'm taking this semester is Keyboarding. I've been typing for some years, but if I can take it toward a certificate and for free, I'm going to take it no matter how bored I might get. Even if I occasionally fall asleep in class! NO, I didn't!! (unless I'm caught, I didn't do it) But anyhow, I knew I could type around 70 words a minute just any time and thought it would be fun to see just how fast I really am when pressed.

For extra credit in the typing class I took back in high school (yes Katie we had typewriters when I was in high school...Sigh...) I participated in a typing contest a local office machine store was having and typed an impressive 42 wpms! Ok, impressive for a sophomore in high school. My bubble was not burst, but obliterated when I found out that the fastest typist in that contest typed 120 wpm!! WHAT?? Who's fingers are that fast? That must be wrong, someone cheated, someone knows someone! Was I up against Superman??? Today, I'm proud to announce, I achieved a speed of 112 wpm!! The teacher informed us that the record holder typist can do about 400 wpm. There's not even a SIGN of my bubble now.....Nor it's remnants .

2 Comments:

Blogger The Baxter said...

i stopped tucking my shirt in years ago! dont worry. now im going to climb back in my truck!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

400WPM? Can people even talk that fast? I can type that fast if I type the same word over and over like, it it it it it or something, but to actually sit down and type 400 WPM seems unbelievable.

But you, look at you with your 400 WPM!

And about that story about Flashing the trucker, you don't have to make up a story about it, just tell people you like flashing truckers, we'll understand.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home