Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Pigs, pancakes and piercings....

I began an entry yesterday, basically a tangent, about my daughter deciding to be a vegetarian, and I thought I'd finish it last night but fell asleep reading "If you give a pig a pancake." Suprise. This morning, as I sit down to express my thoughts, for some reason Katie becoming a vegetarian (and potentially driving me nuts with her pleas to join her) weren't foremost on my mind anymore, so you don't get the originally scheduled griping about turkey at Thanksgiving or hamburgers at picnics and brats at football games. Instead I'd like to share a disturbing discovery I made last evening. My neighbor (genuinly nice guy, no matter what I say) is an elderly man living an alternative lifestyle. I'm ok with that. Last night I found out that he has both of his nipples pierced!

I found myself staring in disbelief. I am still trying to erase the image. I don't frown on piercings or tats, or anything else someone might want to do with their body. If it will make them happy, go for it! (I have a tattoo of a sun on my right shoulder) Anyhow, what I found close to impossible to believe is that he pierced one by himself almost 15 years ago...ouch ok? AND that he just had the other done "3 or 4 years ago." THE MAN IS PUSHING 65!!! The thought of this man, grandfather age, walking into the Dragon Studios, taking off his tank top and asking the guy to pierce him was just too much! Like I mentioned, do what you want with your bod, but don't assume others want you to share it with them! When I get a tattoo on my back, I am not going to wear tube tops just so people can see it!! I'm doing it for me, and I'll share with anyone that WANTS to see it...got it? Private area piercings should stay private. That's all I'm saying.

2 Comments:

Blogger mrstrace said...

Hi! I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now and always think it's hilarious. You've become one of my favorite daily stops! Just thought I'd pop in finally to tell you that.

My question is how did you find OUT about your neighbor's piercings? What a disturbing discovery! ;)

10:06 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Thanks soooo much!! I linked back to your blog and found that we ALOT in common! We'll have to discuss that someday. As for your question, he was shirtless..for whatever reason after knowing him for almost 5 years, he felt the need to be bare on top yesterday. ::shrug::

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home