Monday, January 09, 2006

It could have been worse...

Alright, I am confident enough to discuss this here. It seems like twenty times a day I say "I'm going to blog that for sure. Wow, that's something for my blog" or something like that. Today I actually remembered what I was going to share.

You know how people ask "What is your most embarrassing moment?" I love that question because the things I do are not really embarrassing, just absurd, and since I have a magnificent (yes magnificent) sense of humor, I can laugh at myself about them.

So, today, around noon, I noticed my pants are on inside out. The seams down the side gave it away. They are just loose black spandex/nylon material (I checked when I fixed them.) so there were no pockets sticking out, no other tell tale-signs other than the seams. Go on, shake your head, i'll wait. I've done worse! LOTS worse. This was funny but not rip roaring. Actually, now that I think of it, none of the "embarrassing" things I've done got big laughs, until I talk about them later on. When I left the bathroom that time with my skirt tucked in my pantyhose, I laughed all the way home...later on. When I reached up to fix a poster shortly after I started working here and my pants fell, it was ridiculous, but not hilrious. Sure when I told Amy she snickered, and won't let me forget about it, but no one came close to busting a gut. It's about the same as when I tripped over the bottom file drawer rushing into Melanie cubicle to, I don't know...gossip probably, and pretty much fell onto her desk in front of the general manager, or went to sit down and slipped off the chair and landed on my butt on the floor...no biggie...just Amy looking over the desk serious as heck asking "are you ok?" I know she was most concerened with my safety and not ready to cry from holding in laughter. Just as my initial reaction when something absurd happens is to remain calm and serious.

HAHAHA...ok, I almost made it through that last sentence...hooo hooo...ha...wow, that one kind of hurt. giggle.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at work one day. I was standing at the coffee machine talking with a coworker. All of a sudden he paused and took a closer look at me.

And he asked: "Is your shirt on inside-out?"

Yes. It was.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Funny :) My first laugh this morning. Thanks!

11:39 AM  
Blogger cantellya said...

LOL! I just had the most comical picture of a gal flurrying about the office bouncing offa things. Hee hee. Thanks for that :)

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home