Saturday, November 26, 2005

thanksgiving days

Thanksgiving was great, as always, family and food is always a good combination. Even though we lost power for almost 2 hours, it was great! THANKS AGAIN MOM!!

Last night was eventful. Why, you ask? I was in Cleveland. NO Cleveland has nothing to do with it, but a concert has everything to do with it! Me and Melanie (woohoo) went to see Rob Thomas. But let me start at the beginning...

We almost missed an entrance and Melanie gunned it when the light turned green and peeled out in order to get in front of a snow plow. Yeah, she's crazy like that.

We get to the Wyndham and did not have the room that we reserved..so they had to upgrade us to a king suite. We were like, umm..oh alright, if you have to..sigh..

It was awesome! 2 tv's, fridge, microwave, and king size bed, plus they brought up a roll-away bed. I thought that only happened in the movies...but ok.

So we walk like 3 minutes up the sidewalk to the theater district and go in and find that our seats are right at the end of the stairway all the way in the back. LAST ROW. Now, if you've ever been to the palace theatre, you know that means nothing cause it's small, and the seats had a great view straight back from the middle of the stage. BUT they smoosh the seats so close that you are literally overlapping with the person next to you. Right behind us is the box seats and no one is in the one to our left. We wait until Anna Nalick is done with her set. She is good, sort of silly during the performance, but it helped her ballerina pixie image all the more. She has an incredible voice and an awesome band.




After she finishes, on my way for some drinks, I ask an usher about the empty box seats and he pretty much said to wait and see if anyone sits there, then whatever. So we wait, then right before Rob takes the stage, we go to make our move. However, the woman now at the stairs makes a big deal out of it and says we have to go the head usher, along the way talking to 2 other people about it..sigh...so the head usher says no and the gentleman (of about 70) says, "I'd like to help, but they'd kick my ass." It was funny hearing this from the old dude, and I just said, "Oh, we don't want that to happen! But thanks." So we are walking back to the lobby area and notice the woman isn't standing guard at the bottom of the steps anymore and discuss just going up there. I mention that there is another set of steps on the other side of the theatre, and that's where we go. Up the steps, past old props, into dark hallways, and right behind the box seats. We find an empty one and spend the next couple of hours enjoying great music, dancing, and comfort!! woohoo!!!

Rob Thomas, of course was incredibly, awesomely, sweet! He did his stuff, some Matchbox20 stuff, and then threw in greats like Space Cowboy (and the entire audience said woot-woo after some people call me maurice) it was hilarious. he and Anna sang Tom Petty/Stevie Nicks "Stop dragging my heart around" that was NICE! Rob and his awesome band did "Aint no sunshine" I sang "I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know..." for hours!!

Like always, his set was simple, he was humble and sincere, but his show was magnificent. When he sang "This is how a heart breaks" everyone was up, dancing, screaming, yelling...everything...yep...awesome..









Not so awesome was the desk calling us at 9 in the morning after being at the hotel bar and ordering pizza and not getting to sleep until almost 3, to tell us that there are complaints of us making noise. They did NOT take into consideratin that there were about 6 teenage boys in the room next to us...

Anyhow, to top off a great time, we stopped at Panera's on the way home. MMMM!!!

I hope we continue this birthday tradition for many MANY years!! Thanks MEL!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

im glad u had a good weekend

2:11 PM  
Blogger josh williams said...

I worked...Sounds like a great trip, good move on skirting the nazi usher.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>so they had to upgrade us to a king suite. We were like, umm..oh alright, if you have to..sigh.<<

I was upgraded to first class on a flight once.

Surprises like that are always sweet.

2:46 PM  
Blogger cantellya said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Good for you!
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving :)

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home