Monday, March 23, 2009

It all comes down to the music

I feel like I'm visiting an old friend I haven't seen for years. I'm excited but hopeful that the years haven't changed anything between us. Blogging, I want to be close again.

On my way home from Cleveland last night, I turned the Shinedown CD off for a little while to let the radio stations scan a bit. I heard the familiar voice of Casey Kasem announcing the countdown would continue in just a moment. I remember driving to Wooster years ago and was lucky enough to find a countdown to listen to even in all these corn fields. Must have been a clear night, we only get 3 stations "out here" and none of them are top 40! I don't know many of the top 40 songs anymore, the music I listen to is not "top 40" material...well, not most of it.... But wait?? Does Casey even still do countdowns?? Well I guess so since he's on huh?? The music started again and Mr. Kasem started to describe the new song from Boz Scaggs....HUH??? Boz Scaggs is top 40 now??? What is going on with this world??? Will NO ONE say no to a comeback?? Ok, wait, this song is familiar...yes, I know this song!! Theresa, you nut, this is an old song from an old group on a show that you KNOW Ryan Seacrest took over....

Well, it DID take a few minutes to sink in...hey! It was late! It turned out to be a re-cast of the March 19, 1977 show and I listened until the static drowned out the songs. I heard Leo Sayer, and Denice Williams and Olivia Newton John and even Barry Manilow! The Eagles had TWO hits and, well, I can't even remember them all. I had a VERY hard time believing some of these songs were really that old! But I don't think Casey would lie to me.

I enjoyed it and will even admit to singing along.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home