Monday, July 14, 2008

SOMEBODY STOP THE CORN!

I know I am not alone when I say summer goes too fast. There are millions of school aged kids that would raise a milk carton to that! But I watch the corn grow here and wonder what I'm doing with my summer.

I have the usual parties and weddings and of course swimming and concerts, but I had a vacation planned and concerts and science centers and zoos! I haven't done ANY of that yet!

When the farmers are spraying and I'm cursing the smell of my town I KNOW I have plenty of time! Now I can't see past the fields at the stop signs and I just want to say ALRIGHT! Before I know it, the cobs will be visible and the bulky coats will be taken out! I get the hint and I'll get busy!!

I don't even have classes to blame this on this year. I know what it is! Its not been summer weather for a good stretch of time! That's it! We had so much rain that it seems like spring and I'm WAY ahead of schedule! Well that's where the corn comes in. They are like a smack of reality right in the middle of my still ghostly white forhead!

This weekend I get camping/partying/boating/family gathering all in one, that should make me feel like I'm closer to being caught up! Yeah, see me after this weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger Thoughts From Jeff said...

summer has flown by here too ... unbelievable.

i hit wooster on blogs today and reading what wooster has to say, that is how i laned on your site.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home