Thursday, October 19, 2006

I could be Rachel Ray or Dr. Phil

Well, ok, maybe not in cooking or human behavior, but in the "I'm a smarty pants, know-it-all in this subject" sort of way.

My subject, sadly enough is crappyness. You see, here is the advice of all advice. The $40 a day, "how's that working for you" advice....Do NOT under any circumstances say the phrase "I don't think I can take anymore." Because it is CERTAIN that you will be handed MORE just to show you that you can indeed "take it" and you will.

With having said that, my little guy was sent home from school today with chicken pox. You are thinking..so what? Kids get chicken pox all the time. Right? Well, here's what, he's already had them....AND the vaccine!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope things settle down for you soon. Maybe you can try saying something like, "Boy, world, I sure could handle a lot MORE stress right now if it was somehow bestowed upon me!" I wonder if the universe is fooled by reverse psychology.

Oddly, I had chicken pox multiple times, too. It's called a "breakthough case." It's more common for someone who's had the vaccine than someone who actually had the disease, but I was sick several times. I had really mild cases so I guess I did not develop the proper immunity. Now, for the past 4-5 months, I've had an itchy rash that the doctor seemed to think was some weird mutant form of either chicken pox or shingles because it was not spreading and had hung around for so long (this was about 3 months ago that she said that, too)...

But enough about me! :P Hope your little guy is all better soon!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home